This is a quick, affordable but personal gift for anyone who likes cookies (who doesn’t like cookies)? Just grab a quart jar and layer in the ingredients, tie the directions to the jar and it’s ready to go. Makes a very cute combo gift for a first apartment housewarming tied up with a wooden spoon. Or extend the gift by giving everything needed to bake them – a cookie sheet, spatula, wooden spoon and bowl.
And don’t be afraid to customize it for the person you’re giving it to. Layer in nuts, change to milk chocolate chips. Try peanut butter chips with chocolate chips. Mix it up!
Use the recipe below, or get it at AllRecipes.
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 4 ounces chocolate chips
- 4 ounces white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Whisk flour, brown sugar, chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, white sugar, baking soda and salt together in a bowl. Stir butter and egg into flour mixture until dough is just mixed; drop by the spoonful onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges of cookie are lightly browned, about 10 minutes.