Delicious dessert doesn’t have to be loaded with fat and sugar. Enjoy this less-guilty version of the traditional pumpkin pie on your Thanksgiving table this year.
Your guests won’t even notice that a lot of the fat and sugar are missing. Pumpkin brings fiber, potassium, vitamin A and beta-carotenes to this make-ahead pie.
If you’d prefer to not use Splenda, substitute one can of sweetened condensed milk (14 oz.) for the evaporated milk and Splenda.
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
- 1 can fat free evaporated milk
- ¾ cup egg substitute
- ⅔ cup Splenda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pastry shell
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the all ingredients (aside from pie crust); beat just until smooth.
- Pour into pastry shell. Bake at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees F; bake 25-30 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator.