One of our challenges with the AllRecipes Ambassador program was to add pictures to recipes that didn’t have one yet on the AllRecipes Italian site: allrecipes.it. The language barrier is a bit of a challenge. But I must say I really enjoy baking by weight rather than volume. It feels so much more precise to me.
In any case, this one of the creations from that site. I think it’s a winner. If you like dark chocolate and a dense, moist cake this is for you. I’ll add the recipe here translated into English. Serve it warm from the oven or give it a day. I think this would be fantastic with a little ice cream on the side, or a big dollop of sweet whipped cream.
- 300g fresh ricotta
- 100g of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 300g of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 100g butter, melted
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180 ° C (about 350 F).
- In a bowl, mix the ricotta with the sugar.
- Add the eggs one at a time, stirring gently.
- Add the flour and baking powder. Mix.
- Add the vanilla, butter and chocolate.
- Pour the batter into a buttered cake tin and level.
- Bake for about 30 minutes. Serve.